Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Students Have Arrived

Today my students arrived.  I have 17 students enrolled and assessed. (9boys and 8 girls )  Parents dropped off their students with cameras in hand.  I had several crying most of the morning but that was ok.  I don't think my teacher assistant liked the crying.  I even had a mom cry cause it was her last baby to start school.  These are my students very first time in a school setting yeah some of them have been in daycare but that isn't a school.  Many of these students are also siblings of past students i have had. It feels good and I am honored that  parents want their child to be in my classroom. So I have a good feeling about this year.  They are testing high and can sit through a story.  I taught them three songs today that they wanted me to do over and over. Today we went over a few procedures like how to walk in the line, how to play with the blocks and dramatic play things, and the procedure during lunch time.  The biggest thing that I enjoyed the most about today was the fact the students sat through a story and listened to it.  Last years class had a very difficult time sitting to listen to a story all year long.  Fingers are crossed this lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment