Monday, August 22, 2011

Assessment day

Today was the first day of school but I only had to assess students today by appointments only.  Every one that was scheduled showed up.  It looks to be a great start to the school year.  I have returning families with younger siblings this year.  I am excited to be working again with these families and their little ones.  The students are showing great promise as to what they can learn this year.  I think it will be one of those school years where they are going to keep me on my toes with finding new and exciting things to teach them.  Many of the students already are naming letters and numbers.  YEAH!!!  I just finished up preparing my call log book for this group of students and scored their assessments so I am trying to stay ahead of myself and not get behind.  I meet my new teacher assistant.  This is a long line of TAs (teacher assistants) I have had for the past 6 years at my school.  Hopefully this one shows promise and as much passion as I do for the children.

No comments:

Post a Comment