Monday, August 12, 2013

Let's Talk about Me!!!!!

 I am so excited about the coming school year.  My school is going through many changes one of which is a new Pre-K teacher.  I am so excited about working with her this year.  Change is always good especially if it is for the good of the children.
I am excited as well to join this weeks linky partying from the ladies from Blog Hoppin  and from Primary Graffiti so check them out plus get to know other teachers and their blogs.

So let's talk about me then.
1.       I teach Pre-K in a Title One Urban school in Tulsa, Oklahoma.  I have been at this school for 7 years now and I am beginning my 13th year of teaching. (So excited just as my first day and year)

2.      I will be working with a new team member to Pre-K.  It is her first year teaching in Pre-K.  We both have no more than 20 students and we have two amazing TAs (teacher assistance)

3.      I am a single mother of two teenage boys ( 17 and 15) who will be starting their Senior and Freshman years in high school.  I will try to keep my crying to a minimal this year too lol




4.      I love gardening.  I got my love of gardening from my grandmother.  I have many memories of her roses and tomatoes when I would go visit her.  I would spend many an hour outside smelling the roses and playing in those gardens. My cute chair planter is below.

5.      I have always had a dream to have a garden or outside classroom at my school but never knew how I would get it funded.  So about 4 years ago my BFF found me two guys who had a grant to fund gardens.  So guess what, I got a garden but not just one I wanted one for each teacher at my school.  So they helped our students build over 25 raised garden beds.  Yes the students built each bed, moved the dirt to fill them, and then each year they plant.




6.      My sister and I participate every year in the Alzheimer's Memory walk in honor of our grandma and grandpa and great Aunt.  This will be our 7th year walking for them and to end this terrible disease.







7.       I love music.  I can play the piano and the viola.  I received a music scholarship to go to college. I love listening to all kinds of music.  My sons and I attend concerts when we can.  Just two days ago we went to the Rascal Flatts concert.

8.     I LOVE FOOTBALL!!!!!  My oldest son plays (#76) and this will be his senior year to play.  I am a Kansas City Chiefs fan too.  I love all kinds of football.

9.   My favorite color is purple.  I wear it a lot.  I am not a pink girl but I do have some pink but I love purple.

10.    I love to read.  Every summer I read as much as I can.  I also read throughout the school year but not as many as I read in the summer.  I am currently reading about a true story called IN COLD BLOOD

No comments:

Post a Comment