Friday, July 6, 2012

Starting to Brainstorm

I woke this morning from a dream...the dream was about the up coming changes to my school.  We are losing several  great teachers through either forced trims or new adventures in teaching, we are also losing our principal, she is retiring.

The dream was putting me in a totally new school but with no control on my class.  I was more like a teacher aid than a teacher.  I even tried to call my BFF in my dream to talk about it but that was no good.

I received an email from our new principal last week.  She was introducing herself giving some of her stats in the profession.  She is coming from a High School down to Elementary.  That scares the hell out of me.  I worry about will she be early childhood friendly (know the importance of early childhood in education).  So I am saying my prayers that this coming school year will be a smooth transition into new leadership.

As summer is slowly coming to a close and the new school year is just a few weeks away, I am starting to think about new ideas for my classroom.  I want to do new things instead of the same things I have done in the past.  I also am not sure if I should keep the theme "Around the world with Pre-k" or choose another theme.  If I do keep the theme I want to make it better than last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment