Thursday, June 28, 2012

end of the year reflections

  1. What are some things you accomplished this year that you are proud of?

Some things I accomplished this year that I was proud of was the school gardens, tutoring the 1st grade students, working with other teachers on  improving writing skills, finally getting to see the new playground built from a grant I helped with two other ladies, and helping my BFF and teacher implement a literacy night at our school.

It was the second year for our 25 garden beds and it was a major growing success as well as improving my student's learning.  I have been helping with after school tutoring in the past but this year I felt it was more successful in student growth.  I assessed each of the students to see where they were at and then worked with them on the skills they were lacking in.  I created fun ways for them to learn but not thinking they were learning.  I worked a group of teachers and creating an assessment tool in writing to assess our students with.  I created the pre-k's writing assessment to help me and my fellow peer see and track our students progress in writing.  It was a really learning experience for me and looking at writing at a different way.  Our school received $34,000 from the Jimmie Johnson Foundation to help our school get a new playground. And Lastly my BFF was creating a large evening literacy night for our parents plus ribbon cutting ceremony for our playground and our school community.

No comments:

Post a Comment