Saturday, July 26, 2014

Sorry Been Busy

I haven't been blogging in a while.  A lot has been happening. And Lots of big milestones.  I turned 40 in January, my oldest son turned 18 in January as well.  Then my youngest son turned 16 in April. I made it through my oldest son's senior year in high school.  It was sad to see him hit those milestones you have in high school and to know those were going to be his last ones.  No more football practices, games, the prom, and more but he is moving into the next chapter in his life......COLLEGE!!!  I am very proud of him.  He has his plan in place and I am ready to see him succeed there as he did in high school.

My summer has been busy as well.  I always plan my professional developments really well during the summer months.  June was kind of easy ...I attended the Harweldon Art Institute workshop again. This one explored art through the five senses.  Each day we worked with one of our senses through different art mediums.  My favorite was working with charcoal.  I have never used it or looked at myself as a great drawer.  But the ladies walked us through the processes.  I have to say I really was impressed with my drawing.
Mine is the one on the far right.  This was the first one we did using flowers as our subject.
 My clay hand I made.
 This is another charcoal drawing and is my favorite thing I did.  We had a real model to work with and this is my  work.
These are fish prints using real fish.  It was ok doing this.  I certainly didnt like to touch the fish.  I only touched with the paints not my hands lol.  The rest of June was pretty quiet except for the fact my oldest son got to travel to Paris France as a foreign exchange student.  It was his first time on a plane, out of the country, and away from me for that period of time.  I was excited he got to experience this and I had to let the strings go for him to fly on his own.


No comments:

Post a Comment