Friday, August 10, 2012

Working hard

I have been working hard the last 3 days in my classroom.  This year we have a new principal and she is letting us into our classrooms a week earlier than normal.  YEAH! Since I have a new Promethean Board in my classroom I had to rethink my classroom layout. And I think it will work well this year.  We will have to see when I have students in the room.

This year's theme for my class is "Growing in the Garden".  I wanted to do this theme 1. I love gardening. 2. we have garden beds the students work in. And 3. I think it will connect well with learning.  So I had no idea what to do with my bulletin boards, so I went looking on Pinterest for ideas and BINGO tons of ideas came up.

This is going to be my word wall.  I am still working on it.  I had to hand make the sunflowers and still need to make 10 more.  Plus when I pulled out my letters some were missing hence the missing letters.  I am going to add green stems from each flower and then place the words we will use throughout the year on leaves and then add to the stems.  I hope this works out.  I will also add a small picture on the leaf with the word so my students can see what they are writing and learning.  Then I need to finish the tree with leaves from tissue paper.  I am also going to add butterflies to the tree.

This board is going to be my schedule, agenda, and Common Core Standards.  The ladybugs will have the student's names for them to hang up their backpacks next too.  I had a white picket fence on the green part but didnt like how it looked so I took it down and going to make a different one.  For my daily agenda I am making a beehive that will display the times for the activities and around the beehive will be bees that have the


No comments:

Post a Comment